So, as I mentioned last time I ran into a bit of trouble when working with my new Buffalo sprite. I was having two issues in Unity (5.2.3), the first was that I was having trouble where my sprite animations would randomly be off centered by a pixel and the other was that occassionally a pixel would show up on the edge of the sprite half transparent or real pixels would disappear completely.
Like many of you, I was busy over the holidays. I ended up not getting much work done over those weeks due to family, travel, and watching my kids over the break. I actually had hoped to accomplish more and to top it off, we were busy replacing a broken down car last week. So that cut into my free time as well. Enough with the excuses though, as I did get a few things done...
As mentioned previously, I wanted to get a drawing monitor to assist in art creation. I decided to purchase the Ugee 19 inch monitor [Amazon Link] and so far have been very happy with it. It tracks the pen correctly, is sensitive enough for my needs, and so far seems sturdy and reliable. I've tried drawing on it a few nights now and so far I haven't any issues.
Coming up with a concept for a game is generally pretty easy. I have countless ideas that I'd like to create, but the time required to make just one turns choosing a project into a more difficult task. I am the father of two little boys and decided that I'd like to make a game for them. I'm not planning on making a kids game. No, I'm aiming more for a game that they can appreciate when they're older and something that would still be entertaining to an adult. Doing so also gives me more time, as I won't have to worry about it being complete before they grow to old.
Just looking at the news feed, you'd see that things have been pretty quiet. The truth is that I never stopped working. Shortly after completing Loot Grinder, I was in talks with a good friend to make my next game. The project was pretty ambitious, an exploring, scuba diving, sea lab building game. Oh, and we'd have multiplayer too. We decided to move my game engine over to Monogame since XNA was being retired and the development began sometime in the middle of 2013.
We've pushed out another patch for Loot Grinder with a couple minor fixes and changes.
- Fixed: Equipment stat indicators misreported when hovering over accessories
- When buying spells, text now also indicates what class can cast the spell
- Reduced prices of inn, items, weapons, armor, and spells
- Fixed: Spells as secondary abilities didn't work after loading a game
We pushed out an update with fixes for the various reported issues. Thanks all for letting us know what problems you encountered.
The website layout is complete. We have begun work on our next project. In time we will begin posting new details about it as well as a developer diary to show you all what we're working on.